Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Fashions #22, Green Knotted Dress

This week, I tackled a dress for my sewing project.
Photobucket
Remember my Knotted Paisley Shirt?
I have loved it!  I wear it all the time.  When I sewed it, I remember thinking that this style would make a really cute dress if it were lengthened.  Well,  I saw this pattern a couple months ago, so I snagged it when patterns went on sale for $0.99 apiece.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It is basically the same pattern as my shirt, only with the length and shaping over the hips for a knee length dress. It has darts in the back to give it some shaping at the waist, which my tshirt patterns doesn't have. The front still has that awesome knot.  And, it was totally worth $1 to have the pattern instead of having to draft my own!
The next week while browsing fabric for a different project, I came across this beautiful green and brown knit.  I love this color combo, and at only $3.98/yd, I snatched it up.
Photobucket
Today, I decided to pull out the pattern and the knit and get to work.

This dress sews up really fast. Because it is a knit dress, there isn't a zipper; it pulls over the head. So, I think even a beginning seamstress could probably sew this if she reads and follows the pattern's directions.
I can't wait to wear this dress to church on Sunday.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The awesome knot on the bodice!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Lindsay Mecham said...

You are one hot mama; you look fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...