Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ugly Orange Chair Sneak Peak

Wanna see what I've been working on this week?  
Introducing, The UGLY ORANGE CHAIR.  Original name huh!
This chair was given to us a few years ago and I love it.  By that, I mean I love its potential.  I think its circa 1950s and has beautiful lines.  But,  the upholstery is not so beautiful.  I like the color orange a lot, but worn out orange velvet doesn't really speak to me.  And, the wood looks a little worn.  It is scratched and chipped.  Really, it has needed a facelift. 
 I've known this forever.  But, I've never before tackled such a big upholstery project, and I love this chair so much that I have been afraid that by trying, I would accidentally ruin it.   I have finally bolstered my courage and begun!

  Here is just a sneak peak at part of what I've done so far.... Stay tuned to see more of the Ugly Orange Chair over the next few days!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...