Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blarney!



I finished one of the words that I have been working on this week!  Blarney.
I wanted a word to add to my St. Patty's Day decorations. According to the dictionary it means skillful flattery and originates from the blarney stone, a stone in Blarney Castle, near Cork, Ireland, held to bestow skill in flattery on those who kiss it.


    
I cut the letters from 1x6 pine boards with my scroll saw.  Then, I sanded the edges smooth.  Next, I stained the edges and backs with a walnut stain.  I decoupaged the front faces of the letters with scrapbook papers. Finally, I added shamrock shaped embellishments and green and black ribbons. 
Blarney's home is going to be here at the top of one of my kitchen cabinets. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Wow! So cute; I love the embellishments and the differences in all the papers. DARLING

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...