Thursday, February 10, 2011

I "heart" U

One of the great little decorations my mom pushed off on me is this little white shadow box that has 3 pieces of velcro attached.  It is meant to hold 3 small holiday ornaments, something different for each month.  When she was working on it, she would tole paint the ornaments.  And as so many crafts go, it was never completed, she got tired of it, and gave it to me.  I have about 4 months worth of cute painted wooden ornaments.  But, I didn't have anything for February.  This year, I am going to finish all of the months.  Its a cute, small decoration.  Now, I do know how to tole paint, but I doubt I will finish my wood that way.  I think I would rather use paper and mod podge.  This is what I came up with for Valentine's day.  So cute and so easy.  I finished this in about 30 minutes last night. It would have taken at least 2 hours if I had used paint.  And, I even used left over scrapbooking paper from Love and Kisses. So, I didn't spend any money!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Very cute! Do you cut your own letters?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...