Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friday Fashions #5, Swirly Skirt


So, really just haven't been in the mood to blog this week.  I've actually had the skirt done since Monday night, but I just didn't feel like posting it.  Lame, I know. . .
But I am truly excited to wear this skirt.  It looks much better in person. Its a fun, full a-line. There is a front panel, 2 back panels with an invisible zipper down the back.  The skirt reaches the bottom of my knees.  I bought the fabric a long time ago, so I don't remember what the mix is, but its really soft and floaty.  Drapes beautifully.  Now, I just need to find a pink cardigan in the right shade...

I put an invisible zipper in the back.  I love invisible zippers.  Two seams and the zipper is in.  So fast and so easy!  

If you've never tried an invisible zipper, I highly recommend it for your next project.  If you don't know how, just do a google search for an invisible zipper tutorial.  There are many that are fabulous.  Also, the zipper will have a little sheet with instructions on it.  They are straight forward and easy to follow. Just jump right in.  You have to have an invisible zipper foot.  You should be able to find them at your local fabric store in the zipper section.  Last time I was at my Joann's, they didn't have any, but my Walmart was carrying them for only about $2.  

Singer Invisible Zipper Foot - Use with CC Art F84

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...