Monday, January 17, 2011

Temple Blocks

Last fall, we had a Temple focused Relief Society activity.  I had seen these temple blocks at my sil's house and around in blogland.  So, in our committee, we decided to have these blocks to offer as the activity's free craft.  The women loved making them!  They are super simple to make.   I cut 2x6 boards into squares and then painted them black.  After that, I sanded all the edges to smooth out and distress.   Then, I had the temple picture printed and cut out.  All the women had to do was mod podge the pic on and then add antiquing stain if they wanted it.  Then, hot glue the knob and tie the ribbon.  Done!
I love the simplicity of this craft.  Even the many non-crafty sisters in my RS had a fun time completing this project.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...