Thursday, December 9, 2010

Placemat Scripture Tote

One of the other wards in my church building was making these scripture totes for Super Saturday this fall. I thought they looked cute and fun, so after googling them, I found a tutorial I liked and sewed one for my sister's birthday. They are made from placemats and ribbon. All of the pictures I found online used plain placemats and dressed them up with pretty ribbons and flower embellishments. However, I know K's fav colors are red, yellow and brown and I couldn't pass up this darling stripped placemat. I sewed on plain yellow ribbon to counter the stripes on the tote. Then, I couldn't find any yellow silk flowers that I liked, so I made these awesome fabric rosettes. They look complicated, but they only took about 3 minutes each! I love the way the tote turned out and K loves the gift! This tote is large enough for her scriptures, Relief Society manual and her hymn book. Perfect!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...