Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mini Lemon Curd Tarts

I took a blogging vacation. But, now I am back and ready to post some of the various things I've worked on this past month.
Why did I take a vacation you might ask?  Well, I was starting to feel like blogging was taking over my life and that my family was suffering for it.  It was time to take a step back.  Was I planning on taking such a large break?  Nope.  It was only going to be for a few days, but once I got a few days behind, the thought of trying to catch up on posts was extremely overwhelming.  So, I just kept putting it off, figuratively watching those posts pile up on my to-do list.  As the pile got larger,  I would find more things to do as an avoidance mechanism instead of just tackling the posting project.   So, tonight I am beginning the lengthy task of catching up.

I tackled these delicious treats for a Relief Society Activity (the women's organization of my church).

Mini Lemon Curd Tarts
Tart Shell Ingredients:
6 c flour
2 c butter, softened
8 tbsp brown sugar
4 eggs

1. Heat the oven to 400*.  
2. Mix ingredients together to form dough. 
3. Chill for 15 minutes. 
4. Take 1 inch balls and press 1 into each cup of a mini muffin tin with a mini tart shaper. 
5. Bake 8 minutes.  Cool for 1-2 minutes, then take each tart out of the pan to cool.
Makes about 96 tart shells

Next, I filled each of these shells with a delicious Lemon Curd.

Lemon Curd Ingredients
1 tsp lemon zest
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 c butter

  • 1. Grate 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel; set aside. 
  • 2. In saucepan combine well-beaten eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and butter. 
  • 3. Cook and stir over medium heat until it starts to bubble, will thicken, about 15 minutes
  • 4. Remove from heat; stir in lemon peel. Chill.  
  • 5. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful of filling into each shell.
Top with fresh whipped cream, blueberries and powdered sugar or any other garnish as desired. 

My kids loved these; they couldn't get enough. And they were a hit at the activity. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...